Monday, December 17, 2012

Pinot's Palette

Before we jump into this week's post, there are two items I want to alert you about.
  1. You can now follow my blog by email.  Simply enter your email address in the box on the right and whenever I put up a new post, you'll get a handy-dandy email alert.
  2. You can now make comments without having a blogger user name.  Just select "anonymous".  Comments and feedback are welcome!
And so, without further ado......this week's post.


I come from a family of extremely talented people – my Granny, my mother, my aunt April, my cousin Sophey, just to name a few and you would think that some of that talent would be passed down in the gene pool.  You would be wrong!
Recently, a group of my dearest friends gathered at Pinot’s Palette for a little artistic endeavor.  I’m sure you’ve seen these establishments all over the country – The Paint Bar, Bottle & Bottega, Sketch & Sip, etc.  Here in Tulsa it’s called Pinot’s Palette and the premise is pretty basic – its paint by numbers (without the numbers) while having a glass of wine or beer.  They provide all the materials and you follow along with the instructor to create your own “masterpiece”.  It sounds simple enough but for OCD people like me, it was a nervous breakdown waiting to happen.  Thank God they served wine and I am not even kidding!  We started off by painting the background colors and that was pretty basic and simple and I was going along okay.  But then – we had to mix our green paint with “about half of your yellow” and paint some stems.  It took me a good 5 minutes to determine I had exactly half my yellow paint mixed with my green and then another 10 minutes to determine how many stems I should paint and how they should be placed.  Meanwhile, on either side of me – Mary’s all “just paint some stems, it doesn’t matter” and Rebecca’s all “just be free and paint what you feel”.  And as bad as it was for me – my poor, dear, sweet friend Britni was near tears because her background wasn’t blended just like the instructors (Britni makes me looks like a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of person).  But before long, we got the hang of it and started flinging paint on our canvases like we were modern-day Picasso’s. 



The highlight of our evening (or should I say, the lowlight) was the table behind us.  For a few brief moments I felt like I was in an episode of The Real Housewives of Tulsa.  I’ve never experienced so much liposuction, botox, and implants in one concentrated area as I did at this event.  And for awhile there, I felt our table and TRHOT table were bound to end up in an all-out brawl.  But I knew we would be the victors because a) we weren’t nearly as inebriated as them and b) we had Jenn S on our side. 
The whole evening lasted about two hours and in all honesty, I would probably do it again – nervous breakdown and all.  It really was a lot of fun and it’s a great way to get to know someone or just spend some time with people you care about. 
They offer classes for all levels of skill, including children 6 and up.  Which, to be honest, is probably way more along my skill level.

Visit http://www.pinotspalette.com/cherrystreet for more details, to review the schedule, and to sign up for a class.


1 comment:

  1. it was a great evening. The ladies behind us were about to get some foot in ass specials. I would recommend doing this painting that you have an interest in.

    ReplyDelete